Lime and Herb Candle Place Settings
A touch of citrus can add depth and color to a rustic tablescape. These candle place settings combine the rich hue of limes with the subtle tone of rosemary and thyme. Combine them with a burlap table runner or place them on a reclaimed barn wood table for a country-themed party that boasts of fresh citrus.
MAKES: 1 place setting
1 Paramount Citrus lime
1 votive candle
1 small plate (about a 4 ½ inch circle)
1, 6 inch sprig fresh rosemary
10, 2 to 3 inch sprigs fresh thyme
1. Use the knife to cut off the very end of one side of the lime. Just enough so the lime will sit upright on its end without toppling over. On the other end of the lime, cut off about 1/3 of the fruit.
2. Use the knife to gently cut around the inside of the lime to remove the fruit segments. Once you have made the cut, use the spoon to scoop out the segments and scrape around the interior of the lime peel. Pat the lime dry.
3. Place the votive candle inside the hallowed out lime and place the lime on the center of the plate.
4. Arrange the sprigs of herbs around the lime, making a small wreath. Cut pieces of the sprigs to help fill in gaps.
5. Make a candle place setting for all your guests and arrange them on the table at each sitting place. Light the candles just before guests arrive.